06/14/2016 14h05

Eletrobras to invest up to R$100m in energy-efficiency projects

Valor International

Eletrobras plans to count from this year on R$80 million to R$100 million per year for investments in energy-efficiency measures through the National Program for Energy Conservation (Procel), which completes 30 years in 2016. The funds were ensured by law 13,280, of 2016, approved last month by interim President Michel Temer. By law, power distributors must allocate 0.5% of their annual revenues for energy-efficiency projects. With the new rule, 20% of this total will be transferred directly to Procel. The other 80% will continue to be invested in energy-efficiency projects from concessionaires themselves under the supervision of power regulator Aneel.