Among the most recent actions to bring together the knowledge centers in the production sector, special mention to São Paulo Technology Parks System (SPTec), managed by the State Department of Economic Development, Science, Technology and Innovation (SDECTI). The parks offer opportunities for companies to transform research into product, stimulating the synergy of projects among companies and making them more competitive.
São Paulo is at the forefront of this initiative. According to a survey held by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MCTI), out of the 80 technology parks analyzed in Brazil, the state accounted for 25%. Currently, there are 28 initiatives in the state.
Most of these initiatives (13) have obtained definitive accreditation, of which eight are in operation. They are:
- São José dos Campos’s technology park (PqTec);
- Sorocaba’s technology park (Empts);
- Preto’s technology park (Supera);
- Piracicaba’s Technology Park;
- Parque Tecnológico de Botucatu;
- CPqD Technology Park- Campinas;
- Technopark – Campinas;
- Unicamp’s Science and Technology Park;
- São Carlos’ Technology Park Fundation (ParqTec)
Parque Tecnológico de Santos, São Jose do Rio Preto’s technology park and Centro de Tecnologia da Informação Renato Archer, in Campinas, are under construction Works and have also been accredited, as well as the project for Santo André’s technology park.
Seven parks are in accreditation process:
- UNIVAP’s Technology Pak (São José dos Campos) – in operation
- Damha Eco Technology Park(São Carlos), under construction
- Barretos’s Technology Park – under construction
- São Paulo’s Technology Park – (Jaguaré) – under construction
- São Paulo’s Technology Park – (Zona Leste) - project
- Araçatuba’s Technology Park – project
- Campinas’ Technology Park – Ciatec – Project
There are also some initiatives whose accreditation are being negociated:
- Rio Claro’s Technology Park
- Americana’s Technology Park
- Parque Tecnológico de Santa Bárbara D’Oeste’s Technology Park
- Grande ABC’s Technology Park
- Guarulhos’s Technological Innovation Center
- Jundiaí’s Technological Innovation Center
- Pirassununga’s Technology Park
- Bauru’s Technology Park
Read also about the research institutions in the State.